CFK | Digital uses the Zoom video conferencing tool to host our online classes. Here are some helpful tips on how to use Zoom
How to Join the Meeting
- Click the link to join the meeting.
- An option Join from your Browser may appear automatically. If it does not, select download & run Zoom.
- The option Join from your Browser will appear.
- If prompted, sign in to your Zoom account. If you do not have a Zoom account, click Sign Up Free and create a new account.
How to Start/Stop Your Video
- Click the Start Video button in the menu bar at the bottom to begin your video.
- Click the Stop Video button to stop sharing your video stream.
How to Mute/Unmute Yourself
- To unmute yourself and begin talking, click the Unmute button (microphone) in the bottom-left corner of the meeting window.
- To mute yourself, click the Mute button (microphone). A red slash will appear over the microphone icon indicating that your audio is now off.
How to Change Views
- Click on the icon with four arrows at the top right corner of your Zoom window. You can exit full screen by pressing Exit Full Screen in the same location or using the Esc key on your keyboard.
Active speaker is the default video layout. It will switch the large video window between who is speaking. If it is a one-on-one meeting, it will display your video at the top, and the other participant's video below.
You can also select to view your video layout in Gallery View. When using Gallery View, you will be able to see up to 49 participants at a time, and will have an arrow to scroll through the remaining participants.
- Click Gallery View in the upper right corner of your Zoom window to enter Gallery View.